March 29, 2013

A Quick Paint Job

The other day I was super frustrated with a reupholstery project I've been working on all month, so to calm myself I went out to the garage and found something to paint! I actually found TWO somethings :) Two nice, small tables that I could whip up in a day and feel like I'd accomplished something. I'm realizing how much I love painting. Sewing, reupholstering, refinishing, they're all fun and everything, but I love painting.

Here's how they turned out...





The tan entry table was literally done in one night. It was my grandma's, I think she had it in a spare bedroom. Here's how it started...

oh poop.

Sigh...the other day I was putting my pictures from my camera onto my desktop and on mistake instead of hitting open I hit delete. I looked in my "trash" but I couldn't find it anywhere :( I didn't realize that these before pictures were on there. Well that kinda sucks, huh? 

Oh well, the tan table started as being a very old dark stain, nothing special about it. So I painted it with some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color Cocoa and accented parts of it with Old White. 





The little white table started out with three drawers and an awful lime green paint job. The top drawer had lots of damage so I took it out and nailed in some plywood so it is now more of a cubby or shelf. I sanded down the whole table with my hand sander because the previous paint job was so bad and bumpy. Then I painted it in Pure White and waxed it. 





The knobs are from Hobby Lobby and I loved that they look like they've been painted with some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!



Sorry again about the lack of before shots. Afters aren't nearly as fun when you have nothing to compare them to!!



Sharing at:
Miss Mustard Seed
Happy Go Lucky
Funky Junk Interiors
Silver Pennies
Alderberry Hill
twelveOeight
Knick of Time
elizabeth&co
Thrifty Decor Chick



7 comments:

  1. Super sweet! I saw this on Happy-go-lucky and hopped over. I just chalk painted a side table yesterday... I think that painting is so satisfying because it is quick and makes such a HUGE difference! I can totally imagine the before. Great job!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. Just discovered your blog. My 18 year old daughter likes to refurbish pieces of furniture so will show her your blog. Enjoy your week end. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did! I also love how you styled it ;) You should link this up to our party, Give Me The Goods Monday! {1 party, 5 blogs}
    http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-party-4.html
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You've been so busy :) Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tables are beautiful like your dresser! I really love your style. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lines of that curvy little side table, you are a creative lady!

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those cute little green knobs and your pretty two-tone paint combination on that curvy table!

    ReplyDelete